Once upon a time forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Once Upon a time start

Go down

Once Upon a time start Empty Once Upon a time start

Post  Admin Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:56 am

This forum has been set up to keep a running time line of my work and to show the progress that I have been making, this is post is about what I have been doing over the summer and 5 weeks of term.

Over the summer I was resitting two units and only found out about the results at the start of the academic year so I didn't do much over the summer. What I did do was outline an interactive story book in which the user could pick 6 different options after each part of the story and the stories would consist of 6 parts, but within the first week of coming back to uni this idea was shot down because it wasn't considered a game. So in rethinking the idea I thought that it could be a point and click adventure game in which the user points on certain things and depending on what they do depends on the out come of the story, the game would be like Wario Ware with mini games and Monkey Island with strange storylines.

After two tutorials we were told to make a proposal document which I will put on my website at a later date, the proposal document consists of 6000 words talking about my game idea, the audience it is for and what I will learn by the end of this project. It mainly talks about level design and how that is the main focus of the whole game.

That is pretty much the point I am up to this week I've been trying to make a flow diagram showing all the different routes the player can take, this has proved difficult and I am looking at ways in which I can make it a little simpler but not take away all of the person options.

Admin
Admin

https://onceuponatime.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Once Upon a time start Empty Re: Once Upon a time start

Post  Admin Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:00 am

This week I have been using a plank of wood to try and fit most of the idea on a single piece instead of having millions of pieces of a3 paper. I am not doing that well, a picture of the board should be up soon and I should have the whole idea down on paper in the next few days. Other things I have to look at are alternate endings to stories like farinhiet and No mercy to see how I can improve on that formula.

Admin
Admin

https://onceuponatime.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum